It's More Than Just Making Them Sweat!

I've been "exercising" all my life. What keeps me doing the things I love? I can tell you it's more than just motivation.

Getting fit or staying fit isn't always something you want to do. It requires a large investment in commitment and consistency over many years. You don't always see the benefits or rewards immediately, you have to put in the effort knowing that the rewards come later.

There are days when I feel shattered or maybe I'm coming down with a bug and I really do not want to go and do my training. As rare as those days are, when they do happen I now know to really think about how I feel.

In the early stages of getting fit these days happen a lot! It's a part of the journey. Until regular exercise becomes as easy as breathing or eating, you will need to have strategies to continue in the right direction.

When days or times like this happen it's so unusual for me now that I know I need to really think about the reasons I might not want to do my training. I can always ask the opinion my coach and we can discuss if I simply need a couple of easier days or maybe I need a couple of days off.

I encourage my clients to get in touch with the feelings and sensations that exercise is giving them. It's a very underrated aspect of fitness. The right sensations give you a big lift and the wrong ones can send you to the biscuit tin!

The reason for the title is that getting my clients fitter and healthier is much more than just giving them a workout that makes them sweat! It's also important to help them realise that "Why" they are exercising is way more important than how much motivation they have.

You have to fall in love with the process, that's the secret to achieving your goals x




Comments

Popular Posts