Recovering From Partial Meniscectomy Pt 2


So I've had another MRI and I have spoken to my consultant and the good news is that there is no new damage to the meniscus, tendons and ligaments around my knee, huge relief!

I do still have some fluid in my knee which is probably causing the feeling of fullness when I bend my knee and contributing to why I still have pain and stiffness.

I am continuing with the treatment from my physio, taping, icing and bodyweight and band strength exercises for another month.

If I have no improvement by that time my consultant will try a steroid injection to reduce the fluid. Let's see if it goes by itself and the right physio protocols!

The rollercoaster continues but at least I can go about my day to day life not worrying about whether there is more damage, it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders.

Injury/surgery recovery is stressful at the best of times but this frustrating amount of time to recover has really affected my mental health. Thankfully I have a great support network who have really helped me stay positive and I'm so grateful to have great people around me.

In the meantime I am returning to regular swimming (with a pull buoy) and continuing to keep my upper body strong with seated dumbbell workouts at home and lots of core strength and my daily physio exercises.


I have enough to keep me busy even if the schedule isn't exactly all the things I love doing, well apart from swimming.

I'll update you if my knee improves on it's own and if not I will let you know what happens after the steroid injection x

Comments

Popular Posts