Why I'm Not A Fan Of Quick Fixes

I want my clients to really understand how to be fit and healthy for the rest of their lives; it takes time, a lot more time than most people realise. So, I won't be telling you about my hacks and how to do it in X weeks. I will help you avoid some very common mistakes along the way.

The best type of workout or diet for you is the one you can adhere to long enough to achieve the result or goal you desired.

Too much, too soon in my personal and professional experience usually means, injury, illness, both or you just give up because you can't keep going like that.


Now that January is over a lot of people will have realised that over restriction or over exercising just wasn't sustainable or worse made you doubt yourself.

It takes time because your new habits need time to become a part of your daily or weekly routine. Forcing your habits to happen quicker usually means you start to resent what you are doing and give up. Your brain needs time to adapt to the new way of doing things and that usually happens over many weeks and months.

Having patience, allowing your body (and brain) to adapt to a new way of doing things isn't easy. It's not rocket science to live a healthier life but it isn't easy. Accepting you will have to work hard over a sustained period of time helps my clients to make some mistakes, learn from them and keep making progress towards whatever the goal is.


So take your time, believe it or not less is usually more in terms of long term health and fitness x








Comments

Popular Posts