It's Okay to Take A Break

Sometimes despite your best intentions life just get's in the way.

When it comes to your health and fitness goals it's extremely important that you can be flexible and not get stressed, anxious or angry.

If for any reason I'm not going to be able to do the things I love and feel important to me I try to schedule in a short break and allow my body to recover. A mini rejuvenation!

It's when we are not working out that our body adapts and gets stronger; so we can't and don't really want to be on it 100% of the time!

Making the session shorter or doing some exercise from home to allow you the flexibility to deal with life can be helpful.

If the situation is stressful or making you very anxious sometimes exercise helps and sometimes it just doesn't. So, it's also very important to listen to your body.

I always find in times of crisis a walk in the good old outdoors can do wonders for my mental health even if it's not the intense workout I had planned. Sometimes it's just about making yourself feel good and the wind or rain on your face can be quite uplifting.

There are of course going to be times when your needs are not at the top of the list and that's okay. When life events take their course you can get back to prioritising your own health and fitness.

Exercise isn't going anywhere, it's always there waiting for you when the time is right.


x








Comments

Popular Posts