You Won't Always Feel Like Working Out - But Do It Anyway!

Most of the time I love the training I do. Swim, Bike, Run & Strength sessions. When I'm on it I need no motivation I just get it done.

However, there are times when I feel tired, sad, emotional, frustrated, then what do I do?

I do it anyway. Monday was a day when I felt very drained emotionally, life stuff happens and it's sad and it makes life a lot less joyful and easy.

I went to the pool thinking, I feel tired so I'm going to cut myself some slack. I'll do the best I can today and if I am below my target numbers, that's just fine. Getting to the pool was a mental battle! I had to keep telling myself a slow swim is going to feel better than no swim!

I thinking cutting myself a deal made a huge difference. I focused on trying to enjoy being in the water and the outcome was completely irrelevant. What happened?

Well I only had my best swim session since my shoulder surgery in September!!! It doesn't matter what the session is, if I make an excuse not to do the session I might actually deprive myself of a great session!

So my motto when I don't feel like it is to do it anyway but I also don't put any pressure on myself on those days :)

Give it a go next time you don't feel like working out x




Comments

Popular Posts