Things I'm Loving In January

This is the infamous time in January when New Years Resolutions get tough or have gone out the window. I hope you set some achievable goals and are enjoying pursuing them 👏

These are a few things I'm really enjoying; some fitness, health, beauty and nutrition gems 💓

  • Heck Super Greens Balls These look amazing and taste amazing, veggie and vegan friendly they are just a great way to add a bit more veg to your meals, yum 😋

  • Rawsons Retreat It was actually a client who recommended this non-alcoholic wine to me (we have both decided for health reasons to stop drinking) we are enjoying finding nice drinks without alcohol. Keep it in the fridge and enjoy at the weekends, or just on a Wednesday evening 😘 Okay it's a little sweet for my palate but so far it's the driest one I have found. If you are doing Dry January give it a go 🍷

  • Symprove I wrote in December about my nightmare with annually recurring chest infections for the last 5 years. I heard about Symprove via a Dr friend and as it's not the cheapest probiotic (for good reason) it was only this year I felt I needed to make the investment (I wish I had done it sooner!). I started taking it when I knew I had a chest infection and before my first course of antibiotics. The brilliant news is that despite two weeks of antibiotics and steroids I had absolutely NO gut distress! This has NEVER happened, I normally have a terrible time with my gut as I try to get rid of the chest infection. I am now committed to taking it until the end of February. In October I am going to start another 12 week course to see if it can help to keep me well, fingers crossed 😷    
                                                                                           
  • Massage Balls All my clients have these little beauties! They are simply brilliant at keeping tight joints and muscles moving a lot better. A little every day goes a long way. If you are tight they aren't exactly "enjoyable" however, your hard working body will love you for the tlc you give it. Especially good for shoulders, back, glutes and hamstrings but really they can be used on most parts of the body 💜  

  • Lemon & Ginger Beauty - Oxford If you work or live in Oxford then this is a beautiful little salon in Headington. Issy set up her own business last year and she is truly flourishing. Her shepherds hut is fully fitted with a wood burner (!) It's so cosy and smells amazing as she uses Neal's Yard Remedies. She has an online booking system to book those last minute appointments. When you have been once you'll want to go back again soon, I promise 😍 

  • Martin "Nutrition" MacDonald  Okay, there is a lot of guff (technical term) out there about nutrition (especially at this time of year!) Do yourself a huge favour and visit Martin's Facebook page. In January he is doing a FREE Q&A every day to answer all your questions. To use Martin's words "there are no stupid questions" so go ask him your biggest concerns about nutrition. Yes, Martin has an academic background but I promise you he is also a real person who knows how to help real people with real lives. Think of it as a late Christmas present from me 🎅

Well I hope you have a look at some of the things I am enjoying this month. Good luck and keep up the good work with your Health and Fitness goals x



Comments

Popular Posts