How's Your Mobility?

It wasn't until I developed a serious problem with my brachial plexus when on holiday back in September that I really had to do some serious work on improving the movement in my shoulders and neck.

Despite lifting weights and bicycles daily, for some reason on holiday lifting heavy water bottles the nerves in that area decided they had enough!

Thankfully, I have a great therapist Laurence Plant at Henley Practice  who was looking after my Achilles treatment and gave me some great advice to set about getting rid of the serious amounts of pain I had.


The best piece of advice he gave me was to look up Kelly Starrett. Kelly is a physiotherapist turned master of mobility and getting rid of all the nasty sticky spots in your body!

I started to view as many of his You Tube videos as I could to try to find the ones that would help where I had pain. 

I founds so many and started picking out the sections which felt like they were alleviating tension in the right place.

When you are struggling with daily pain it's important to feel you have some control and can do a lot to help yourself.

As well as truly helping to improve my pain I learned so much about just how important mobility is whether you do no exercise or you exercise multiple times a day.

I've benefited personally and professionally from Kelly's work. My clients now have a love/hate relationship with massage balls and the other pieces of torture equipment I've since introduced.

The good news is we are all benefiting from improved mobility and I hope you do too.

Links to Kelly's website and You Tube channel are above and the exercise below is my personal favourite for shoulders, give it a try!

The Best Shoulder Mobility Exercise - EVER!



Comments

Popular Posts