Do Personal Trainers Stretch Their Clients?


The answer is, it depends. If flexibility is a clients goal, then I incorporate some flexibility work into their sessions. Stretching helps improve flexibility, mobility, and range of motion. I guide my clients through various stretching exercises to target specific muscle groups and help prevent injuries.

Stretching can be done both before and after a workout session. Prior to exercise, I recommend dynamic stretching, which involves active movements that mimic the motions of the upcoming activity. This type of stretching helps warm up the muscles and prepares your body for the workout.

After the workout, I sometimes include static stretching, where clients hold stretches for a prolonged period. This helps improve muscle flexibility and aids in the cool-down process.

However, it's important to note that personal trainers should have the necessary knowledge and training to provide appropriate stretching techniques to their clients, there are definitely some clients who I do not stretch for medical reasons. I always consider individual factors such as fitness level, existing injuries, and limitations before prescribing or guiding any stretching routine x

Comments

Popular Posts