Change Of Plan - Yodelayheeho Kitzbuhel

So my plan was hatched in the New Year to compete over a longer distance in 2014 as I had convinced myself that I hadn't had a good enough race in Newbiggin to qualify for the European Championships in Kitzbuhel this year.

I was very disappointed with my race in Newbiggin. The timing of a certain monthly event was unfortunate but I allowed it to overshadow what I had driven to Morpeth to achieve on race day, lesson learned!

My good friend Katie has some monster challenges set for 2014 and I know she is going to rock all of them :) In her blog she tells all :) I thought it would be great to have a training partner for some of the sessions and being a school teacher means we are able to train together during the day when she is on holibobs.

So, I duly entered Cotswold113, Shakespeare Half Marathon and re-enlisted the help of my superb coach Paul Savage to get me to the races in one piece! The man who managed to keep me injury free in 2013 and helped me achieve all the goals I set myself in 2013!!! :)

Then one Friday in February I received an email from British Triathlon asking me to pay my entry fee for Kitzbuhel. Apologies but my initial response was, my god they are stupid, they are sending emails to people who haven't even qualified! Later that day I looked on the website to find that I had in actual fact qualified. I had convinced myself so much that I hadn't qualified that when all the results were finalised I hadn't even bothered to check!
Clearly I need to do a bit more of this!

Good and Bad really; good that I got on with a new challenge despite one result and bad that I had so little faith in myself :( Lesson learned!

So, after much deliberation I decided I was still really excited to go to Kitzbuhel and reminded myself how much fun it was with Team GB in Turkey and I wanted to have another experience like that. Entry fee is paid!
Kitzbuhel in Summer :)

Training time hasn't changed much but there is as you might imagine a bit more focus on speed!

I'm really excited about going to another European Championship and I'm working on doing everything I can to have another amazing experience and to have a performance that makes me proud of myself.

To the hills! Yes, as you might imagine Kitzbuhel has one or two hills on the bike to contend with :)

More soon.......

Anita x






Comments

Popular Posts